Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Getting Organised + Free Weekly Planner


Lets just put it out there, I am not very good at keeping organised. I leave things until the very last minute to do, and although I still do a good job, the stress of everything piling up is something I would like to change. So, when I got a lovely organizer for my Christmas present, I was really hoping that this could be the year which I change my life around and start being organised, prepared and efficient. As I know many people use electronics to plan their posts, these tips apply to them as well as the good old pen and paper folks!

Plan your week ahead. I usually do this on a Sunday evening and I plan which night to do which homework and just organize what I am doing, and at what time. Doing this has already made a difference in my life, I feel like I know exactly what I am doing, and for that I feel more relaxed about my life. It's surprising what planning does for you, isn't it!

Document major points of your day. I have been doing this quite often so I can look back and remember what I have done, and what I still need to do etc. It is also nice to look back a few weeks and remember what you have accomplished, and where it has gotten you now.

Separate your blog life and your personal life. I have been keeping two separate organizers to do this. This is partly because I was given two at Christmas, and partly because I wanted to do this anyway. I used to plan my posts in a notebook and just write need to take pictures, drafted, posted etc, but having a diary to plan on makes it so much easier. I can see when I need to take pictures, and I can always look back at post ideas if I haven't used them.

How do you plan your blog posts?


If one of your goals is to become more organised, or if you already are, I have designed a cute weekly planner for you all! You can use it for blogging, or just personal life. You can view it here, but please only personal use!


6 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks for the planner! I'll be sure to use it since I'm not really that organized. :)

    Aliah

    thisandthatbyaliah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it works out for you! x

      Delete
  2. I can't function without any organization! I always have to plan weeks and months ahead, I write everything in my planner and try to stick to what I arrange myself to do every day. Great post! The planner is also so cute :)

    SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE ALICE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you sound just like me! I write all my ideas on a scheduled date, however I mix up the posts as I come to writing them because of photographs! Thank you x

      Delete
  3. The calendar you made is adorable! I am soooo into planning, so I tend to plan out posts for a couple months-haha (the over-excited blogger here.) Technology is my favorite way to keep my blog organized, and that usually involves apps!


    Emily // ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I read on your earlier post that you use apps to plan your posts! I have tried using apps, but I am terrible for forgetting I even had a app for planning! I realize that they are better for transport etc, but are just not me! x

      Delete

Hello! Feel free to leave a comment, but please be nice! See my full commenting rules here